Resting on the shores of the Puget Sound, only 26 miles northwest of Seattle, Whidbey is a 45 mile long island with magnificent vistas of waterand mountains from virtually anywhere on it’s beautiful shores.
With Deception Pass on it’s north end, Port Townsend’s Keystone ferry terminal in the Central part of the Island, and the Clinton ferry terminal on it’s south end, Whidbey Island is within just a few hours of British Columbia, the Olympic Penninsula, and Seattle.
The Harbour Inn is located in the town of Freeland in South Whidbey, only 10 minutes from the Clinton ferry that connects the south part of the Island with the mainland. Freeland is a great central location, only a short distance from all of Whidbey’s favorite destinations.
Whidbey Island Information
Parks and Nature
There are state parks, beaches and playgrounds on Whidbey. Visit Whidbey’s recreation page for detailed information on all kinds of outdoor recreation.
Parks Near Freeland:
- Maxwelton Beach, our favorite summertime sandy beach
- Freeland Park, walking distance from the Harbour Inn
State Parks on Whidbey Island:
- Deception Pass
- Fort Casey & Keystone Spit
- Fort Ebey
- Joseph Whidbey State Park
- South Whidbey State Park
- Rosehip Farm and Garden, Open for tours April-October, Wed-Sun, Coupeville
- Greenbank Farms, Greenbank
- Meerkerk Rhododendron Gardens, Open year-round, peak bloom, April-Mid May, Greenbank
- Bayview Farm & Garden, S. Whidbey
- Coupeville Farmers Market (Saturdays, May-October)
- Greenbank Farmers Market (Sundays, May-October)
- S. Whidbey Tilth Farmers Market (Saturdays, Sundays, May-October)
- Whidbey Island Center for the Arts
- Langley & Coupeville both host “Art Walks” and arts & crafts and antiques shows throughout the year, call 360-221-7737
- Coupeville’s Concerts on the Cove, enjoy free summer concerts in the town park with the locals
- Whidbey Island Institute, a popular retreat center offering “distinctive learning programs”
- Local Attractions
- Local Weather
- Freeland Chamber of Commerce
- Freeland Hall Rental (Weddings and other Events)
- Whidbey Island Activites, Restaurants, Beaches Maps, and More.
There is so much to do, and so much to see on the Island. Many of our visitors are here on business, or visiting family, but wish to take a quick tour of the area. Whether you are planning a short visit or prefer to take your time and tour around, and you will find something to suit your interests on Whidbey Island.
Depending on what you like to do, a tour of the Island can include a visit to: